Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ugly bunny


Yeah. I made the ugliest bunny cake for Easter this year. It was yummy (and vegan!). Can't say I've celebrated Easter since I was little. I remember going to church when I was young and loving it. We stopped going when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I loved the rituals, the singing and the magic. I still love churches and rituals and magic but I'm not religious in the slightest. I am very spiritual though. Since Mom died last year, I've found myself recalling all the "little" things she did for us. The bunny cake was a family favorite but I couldn't remember exactly how it looked when she made it. Sad for me. There must be a photo out there somewhere...I do remember it being a lot prettier than my sorry version! I was feeling nostalgic and thought I'd try to conjure up a fond memory by baking.
My sisters got a kick out of it when I brought it over.
They remembered, too.

No comments: