Monday, March 5, 2012

Mourning Monday 3-5-12

"Lullaby" ring in sterling silver


I give you this one thought to keep - 
I am with you still - I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow, 
I am the diamond glints on snow, 
I am sunlight on ripened grain, 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awake in the morning's hush 
I am the swift, uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not think of me as gone - 
I am with you still - in each new dawn.



This poem (in all it's varieties) is what inspired me to create this "Lullaby" ring for an invitational art show a few years ago. 
Going forward, I will be blogging about different themes on a weekly basis. Today, I introduce "Mourning Monday" where I will be sharing all things related to, you guessed it, mourning. My aim is to let you peek into my world in order to understand how these topics relate to and inspire me and my jewelry designs.
Thanks for reading! xo





1 comment:

dejavudu said...

Sounds like we'll be hitting the VMFA real soon!