Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Challenge: Week 29 reliquary




14kp scrap, tie tack, sterling silver little guy (circa 1989?)


I decided to stay with the scrap "theme" and file a scrap of pink gold into a heart. I kept looking at this piece and the hole I had originally drilled went right through the heart of this dude. (cue THIS...aaaannd you're welcome! I've had it stuck in my head since I pulled this piece out of the scrap bin!)
I kept the figure as is by not filing it all nice and pretty. I oxidized it and then polished the heart.

3 comments:

Noah said...

So simple and lovely, brilliant!

dejavudu said...

Win!
I tend to love art even more when it's functional.

Thanks for the Bon Jovi - that hadn't occurred to me at all. I was thinking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGbfs6HZDNo

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

Tin Man! I love him! even better!