Friday, October 8, 2010

Weekly Challenge: Week 19 reliquary



corsage-brooch made from leftover fabric from my wedding dress, garment tag from my wedding dress

I was at a loss about what to do with this one. On one hand I wanted to enshrine it under glass so I wouldn't lose it. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to actually iron it on like Mom asked me to in the first place. hi mom. But I didn't really want to iron it because I was afraid it would somehow lose some of its magic.
I eventually decided that it would be cathartic to just do it. And so I did.

side note: today is actually our 9 year anniversary and I will be posting my next relic on Monday since we will be out of town. cheers!

2 comments:

dejavudu said...

Regarding any loss of magic, i bet you actually gained some by ironing it. At the very least the ink becomes heatset in and maybe won't fade as fast?

mim said...

This is lovely.