Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm all class!


or more accurately, I'll be teaching a class!

I am offering a 6 week Memorial Art & Sculpture course at PAAL this fall.

We'll start with a history of reliquaries and remembrance art. I'll have plenty of visuals, including some of my own work. You'll learn about traditional and non-traditional techniques used to create these special memorials. Then I'll help guide you while you create your own sculptural piece(s) or jewelry in memory (or celebration) of a loved one. The last class is on November 2nd, which coincides with the Mexican Dia de los Muertos. We'll have a traditional celebration of our own while we discuss and review each artist's work.

My class takes place on 6 Tuesdays, starting September 28th, from 6-8 pm. Classes will be held at the Petersburg Area Arts League in Virginia.


Click here for more info and to sign up.

Hope to see you there!



1 comment:

dejavudu said...

Hey can i come to your Dia de las Muertes final crit?