Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day



It's that day again. This will mark the 4th Mothers Day to pass since Mom died in 2006. Sometimes I wish this whole weekend would disappear from the calendar.
I was in CT recently visiting my family. My sister, my niece and I went to Mom's cemetery to visit (and to finally get the info together for a headstone). My niece Georgie is named after Mom. While walking in the cemetery visiting Mayor Mike's grave, sweet little Georgie decided to collect some flowers for Mom's grave. She picked up some fallen magnolia petals and then discovered a dropped iris on the ground. She then carefully arranged them on Mom's grave.
Today I am planting some roses in her honor.

Happy Mothers Day, Mom. Wherever you are...

1 comment:

carla ten eyck said...

little gigi, honoring Mom, with leftover flowers! So freaking appropriate