Thursday, June 28, 2007

A little more inspiration







When you're out shopping, are you one of those people who has to TOUCH EVERYTHING? I am! I'm tactile and visual and proud. While out walking this HOT morning (it was 94 degrees and super humid...I know, welcome to Richmond) I walked by a row of one of my favorite trees. The mimosa tree begs to be touched. Seriously. It's flowers are a luscious pinky-peach that looks like soft fur. Go on, touch it. The leaves are just as ornate and delicate looking. So yeah, I had to stop and touch.

4 comments:

mim said...

I saw one of those mimosa trees today and had to touch the delicate flowers. They ARE so beautiful. Thanks for reminging me to look at them, really look at them. PS You've been tagged. See my blog.

carla ten eyck said...

you know what would be even better?? If there were actual mimosas growing off the tree, so you could walk by and grab an ice cold one! mmmmmm

Tere @ My Precious Studio said...

amen to that!

Anonymous said...

When I was a little girl, we had a mimosa tree in our backyard. I remember picking the flowers and dancing around. They felt so magical.